Immerse is a service trip in Lincoln, Nebraska, designed to offer middle school and high school youth groups a diverse ministry experience. Participants will serve alongside churches and organizations in the Lincoln and Omaha areas that are seeking to bring about restoration and hope to people who are hurting. Each day, time will be devoted to training, serving, personal devotions, and group debriefing. Participants will hear dynamic stories of life change from local church members. They will serve at-risk children and teenagers, people experiencing homelessness and poverty, people who are incarcerated, refugees, and people struggling with substance abuse. Immerse will raise awareness and challenge students to deepen their relationship with Christ, understand their gifts, and respond to God’s call in their lives.
Each Immerse week is different, and we will work hard to tailor your Immerse week to some of the gifts, skills, and interests of your group. Groups serving with Immerse might do any of the following:
- Provide childcare, serve a meal, or sort and distribute clothes at People’s City Mission
- Set up apartments, clean, and paint at a transition house for moms and their children experiencing homelessness
- Provide yardwork and cleaning to local families experiencing poverty
- Cook a meal and help with grounds work at the Charity Autos program
- Lead games and activities at the F Street Community Center
- Share a meal with locals at a local Christian community house
- Lead the neighborhood Bible club at F Street Neighborhood Church
- Distribute food and care for children at the Foodnet and LIFEHouse food pantries
- Help with various projects at F Street Neighborhood Church
- Serve at a local soup kitchen
- Hand out “blessing bags” to people experiencing homelessness in downtown Lincoln
- Serve at a holistic ministry to teens in north Omaha
Groups will stay at F Street Neighborhood Church in Lincoln. There are separate spaces for men and women.
This trip will cost $250 per student and $125 per youth leader, which covers all costs except transportation. A $300 deposit is required to reserve your week, and the balance is due one month prior to your trip.
Lincoln Airport. (Eppley Airfield in Omaha is one hour away.)
If you would like to learn more about the RCA's volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups, please get in touch with us.
The best way to reach our team is to email Bag with Mini PU Silver Cross Body Fashion Boutique Leather Chain Party Shoulder Novias Bag Silver Women 7qPxw4 or call (616) 698-7071. One of the members of our team will be able to connect with you right away.
Coordinator for Volunteer Engagement
Volunteer Placement Specialist
Cultivate is a program for 18- to 25-year-olds to partner with RCA missionaries for a summer or a full year and see how God is at work in another part of the globe.